Dr. Jeffrey O’Koon is the leader of O’Koon Psychology Group. After the initial clinical interview, Dr. O’Koon will act as the Clinical Director to determine which other team members also should participate in the evaluation. Dr. O’Koon is a clinical child psychologist and the clinical director of O’Koon Psychology Group. Dr. O’Koon brings an evidence-based approach to his work that applies proven protocols and gold standard practices to the delicate art of evaluating a child’s psychological, behavioral, educational and social development.
Background and Experience
When it comes to finding a psychologist you can trust, experience counts. You’re in good hands with Dr. O’Koon, as his experience is extensive. In his years of practice, Dr. O’Koon has completed thousands of comprehensive, multidisciplinary evaluations. He is currently a staff member at both Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital and NorthShore University HealthSystem (NSUHS).
Before opening O’Koon Psychology Group, he was a partner at Pediatric Consultation Center for 12 years. Prior to that, his experience includes the following:
- Staff member at Pediatric neuropsychologist, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare (2001 to 2003)
- Staff therapist, Center for Behavioral Medicine (2000 to 2002)
- Pediatric psychologist, La Rabida Children’s Hospital and Research Center (2001)
Dr. O’Koon has conducted research and published extensively in peer-reviewed journals, in particular on the psychological issues facing adolescents – including adolescent depression and resiliency. In addition, he has lectured locally on improving reading skills, ADHD, behavior strategies for parents, psychological testing and executive functioning. He also has taught graduate classes in research methodology at DePaul University and National Louis University.
Education and Training
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology (clinical/child track), DePaul University
- M.A. in Clinical Child Psychology, DePaul University
- M.A. in Education in Psychological services, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Michigan
For his postdoctoral training, he was a Pediatric Psychology Post-Doctoral Fellow at La Rabida Children’s Hospital and Research Center in Chicago. There he specialized in both cognitive and behavioral treatment for chronic illness and pediatric neuropsychological evaluation for traumatic brain injury.